SOUTHWEST FLORIDA EAGLE CAM
Live American Bald Eagle Cams. 4 cameras. Live 24/7. The World’s First Live Streamed nature 360 immersive cam.
- SWFEC Nest Notes: Hope Abounds For The Eagle Familyby dadsjazzE21 and E22 are turning seven weeks old and are impressive Eaglets as they grow in greatness. They are thriving, and their presence in the nest is stunning. They are ahead of many milestones already. E21 and E22 are mastering self-feeding and are acutely aware of their surroundings. E22 is more confident and assertive at… Read More »SWFEC Nest Notes: Hope Abounds For The Eagle Family
- SWFEC Nest Notes: See How We have Grown!by dadsjazzE21 and E22 are just over three weeks old and are sprouting up and out everywhere. They have big yellow feet and wings with the beginnings of flight feathers emerging. They are tall enough to peek above the nest rails at the world below. E21 and E22 explore the nest, work on balance, and practice… Read More »SWFEC Nest Notes: See How We have Grown!
- SWFEC Nest Notes: Overnight Deliveries and Perfect Teamwork (1/16/2023)by dadsjazzHarriet and M15 began the New Year by welcoming bobbling babies E21 and E22. Each Eaglet hatched after working hard, breaking out of the eggs in the cover of nighttime. Harriet and M15 provide exceptional care for their just over one-week-old little treasures. E21 and E22 grow fast and strong from plentiful meals and lots… Read More »SWFEC Nest Notes: Overnight Deliveries and Perfect Teamwork (1/16/2023)
- SWFEC Nest Notes: Delivering Joy into the World (12/6/2022)by dadsjazzHarriet and M15 have proven time and time again resilience throughout their journey. They faced losses over the years but remained driven to carry their legacy onward. The recent storm damaged the tree they call home and destroyed their nest. Harriet and M15 found a haven to safely ride out the horrendous weather and returned to their territory to begin reconstruction and renovation. Harriet and M15 powered through and built a beautiful nest.
- SWFEC Nest Notes Extra: Honoring M15 on Father’s Dayby Ginnie McSpaddenM15 has become a finely seasoned Eagle Dad to his offspring over the last seven years. He offers unyielding support from the start of each Season with nest building, incubating and tending to eggs, feeding young Eaglets, and teaching fledglings by example. M15 is an exceptional hunter and a fierce protector keeping his family safe… Read More »SWFEC Nest Notes Extra: Honoring M15 on Father’s Day
- SWFEC Nest Notes Final: Farewell and Flourish, E19 and E20by Ginnie McSpaddenE20 remained in the area and took charge of the pasture and pond, honing hunting and fishing techniques. E20 perched on the leaning palm tree surveying the pond for a chance to catch or steal a fish. E20’s favorite pastime has been swooping on the ducks and water birds. E20 took off to soar high… Read More »SWFEC Nest Notes Final: Farewell and Flourish, E19 and E20
- SWFEC Nest Notes: E20 Proclaims “I’m Still Here”by Ginnie McSpaddenE20 is past the average time when former Juveniles embarked on their journeys of discovery. E20 seems to be enjoying the comforts of home long after sibling E19 took to the skies on their big adventure. E20 claimed the pond area as their haven for easy access to steal a meal or a food drop.… Read More »SWFEC Nest Notes: E20 Proclaims “I’m Still Here”
- SWFEC Nest Notes Extra: Mother’s Day Honors for Harrietby Ginnie McSpaddenHarriet begins each Nesting Season with a clear focus on adding a new generation of offspring to the Eagle world. Motherhood is her forte, and she is unmatched in her role. She is the foundation that upholds her family. Harriet expends her all for the care of her precious babies. She is loyal to her… Read More »SWFEC Nest Notes Extra: Mother’s Day Honors for Harriet
- SWFEC Nest Notes: The Next Chaptersby Ginnie McSpaddenE19 and E20 broke into the world a few short months ago, grew well and quickly, and transformed into brilliant beauties ready to take on Eagle life. They graduated from the nest to the branches above and eventually to the freedom of flight. They explored the perches and trees close by, found peace and comfort… Read More »SWFEC Nest Notes: The Next Chapters
- SWFEC Nest Notes: Coming Of Ageby Ginnie McSpaddenE19 and E20 are turning four months old and have blossomed into competent Juvenile Eagles. Their presence is stunning, and they are fearless forces in the territory. They have been encouraged and tested in using their skills and instincts. They pass with flying colors as they come of age to soon begin their life journeys.… Read More »SWFEC Nest Notes: Coming Of Age
- SWFEC Nest Notes: Ready For The Greatest Adventureby Ginnie McSpaddenE19 and E20 have become masterful young Juveniles soaring the skies and searching for new experiences. They are observant, taking in all the activity around them. They are courageous in defense of their territory. They are intelligent, absorb all the lessons presented, and are nearly ready for their big adventures. E19 and E20 are at… Read More »SWFEC Nest Notes: Ready For The Greatest Adventure
- SWFEC Nest Notes: The Exceptional Explorersby Ginnie McSpaddenE19 and E20 are fantastic flyers as they take off in the early morning on flights to new destinations. They frolicked in the West pasture trees and Nest 2 there. They laze in the shade of the pond trees on warm afternoons. They expand their horizons as they soar higher and farther in the territory.… Read More »SWFEC Nest Notes: The Exceptional Explorers
- SWFEC Nest Notes: Savvy Juveniles Surpassing Milestonesby Ginnie McSpaddenE19 and E20 elevated their skills to new levels in these two weeks since their initial flight from the nest tree. They take to the skies with ease and soar with confidence and control. They show their agility and ability to recover even from a missed branch in foggy morning conditions. They perch together, engage… Read More »SWFEC Nest Notes: Savvy Juveniles Surpassing Milestones
- SWFEC Nest Notes: Flawless Flights, First Baths, and Finding Treasuresby Ginnie McSpaddenE19 and E20’s journey from hatch to fledge (first flight) seems to have flown by quickly. Since realizing the freedom of flight last week, they boundlessly explore the far corners of the area. E19 performed nearly flawless flights with steady and controlled take-offs and landings. E20 cautiously took short flights around the pasture and eventually… Read More »SWFEC Nest Notes: Flawless Flights, First Baths, and Finding Treasures
- SWFEC Nest Notes: E19 and E20 Take The First Flights to Freedomby Ginnie McSpaddenE19 Fledge on Sunday March 20, 2022 at 11:57 a.m. E20 Fledge on Tuesday, March 22, 2022 at 3:46 p.m. E19 and E20 have reached Adult-size in their 12 weeks of growing tall and strong. Their stature is exceptional as the nest seems to shrink when the Family is together on the nest. E19 and… Read More »SWFEC Nest Notes: E19 and E20 Take The First Flights to Freedom
- SWFEC Nest Notes: Gaining Knowledge and Skillby Ginnie McSpaddenE19 and E20 made progress with their Eagle education throughout the week. The weather turned cool with wind and rain, prompting them to flap and jump around the nest with excitement. M15’s presence in the nest stopped E20 from going over the edge by a strong wind gust. E19 and E20 engaged in tandem winging… Read More »SWFEC Nest Notes: Gaining Knowledge and Skill
- SWFEC Nest Notes: Reaching For Higher Perchesby Ginnie McSpaddenE19 and E20 are turning ten weeks old and are breezing through many milestones along their journey. Their magnificent wings catch the wind lifting them higher and higher with more control and courage. E19 winged up to the veranda branch just off the nest for the first time. E20 wanted to join in all the… Read More »SWFEC Nest Notes: Reaching For Higher Perches
- SWFEC Nest Notes: Words for The Week- Wings, Wings, Wingsby Ginnie McSpaddenE19 and E20 have grown to striking stature, becoming impressively strong and courageous. They move freely around the nest in search of treasures or morsels of food. They stand and flap sprawling wings on top of the nest rails, balanced and secure. They have their sights set on upper branches as their magnificent wings catch… Read More »SWFEC Nest Notes: Words for The Week- Wings, Wings, Wings
- SWFEC Nest Notes: Extraordinary Young Eaglesby Ginnie McSpaddenE19 and E20 are turning eight weeks old and are on extraordinary paths in their young lives. They have surpassed many milestones along the way and are refining their skills. Their presence in the nest is stunning as they are nearly adult size with expansive wings reaching the far edges of the nest. E19 and… Read More »SWFEC Nest Notes: Extraordinary Young Eagles
- SWFEC Nest Notes: Brilliant Beautiesby Ginnie McSpaddenE19 and E20 stand tall and strong along the edge of the nest, and viewing them from the ground is a wondrous sight. They are brilliant beauties covered in Juvenile feathers, with magnificent wings extending across the nest flapping in the breeze. They watch the activity, track the birds flying overhead, and warn away any… Read More »SWFEC Nest Notes: Brilliant Beauties
- SWFEC Nest Notes: Changing By The Minuteby Ginnie McSpaddenE19 and E20 are turning six weeks old and are changing by the minute. Their beautiful dark juvenile feathers are quickly emerging. Telling them apart is difficult as they become closer in stature. Their behaviors are the most telling difference between them. E20 practices and has a good technique of self-feeding while sitting and holding… Read More »SWFEC Nest Notes: Changing By The Minute