E4 was perched at the nest edge in the early morning facing the start of another windy day. E4 seemed to be very secure in the strong breezes and used the wind to hover higher over the attic branch. E4 did a lot of fly hopping around the nest moving branches, pine cones and his favorite toy, the armadillo tail, during the short flights.
Ozzie flew in with a fresh fish which E4 grabbed and mantled. Harriet landed on the nest to check on E4. Later Harriet was spotted by ground observers off in the distance on a power pole with her sights still on the nest. E4 was standing in the nest facing the winds as the rains moved in around midnight. E4 is growing stronger and more courageous as the time for fledging nears.
Summary by dadsjazz
E4 hovers high above the attic branch. (video/urdognu)
E4 with wings up in the wind. (Donna McMurrer)
E4 stands in the nest before midnight as the rain begins. (dadsjazz)
Video by urdognu
- Higher Hover, Nest Dancing ~Ground & Cam Views http://youtu.be/dTRMGtxpM4Q
- Evening Highlights Both Cam Views http://youtu.be/OJzCrFfybV4
Video by wskrsnwings
- Breezes, Wings, Talons And Air Time http://youtu.be/pZ_dH0kELdA
Video by Mia
- 1.20 PM E4 is floating in the air in strong wind! http://youtu.be/uJt3A7hIo3c
- 1.32 PM Food delivery by Ozzie, E4´s beautiful mantle http://youtu.be/BxSEqefNg2Y