SWFEC DAILY SUMMARY Tuesday, November 26, 2013
NEITHER WIND, NOR RAIN, NOR…
The overnight hours brought wind and rain to the area. The precious eggs were warm and safe in their nest under the care of Mom, Harriet.
The first exchange of incubation duties took place at 6:43 am. Dad, Ozzie took over the care of the precious eggs carefully rolling the eggs and aerating the nest to keep the nest bowl soft and dry. Harriet returned later in the morning with more soft nest material. Instinctively they know cooler, wetter weather may be coming.
At one point another large bird flew too close to the nest on Ozzie’s watch and he vocalized a warning to the intruder. Ozzie and Harriet’s main concerns are protecting their nest territory, caring for their eggs and the survival of their young.
Video by dragonlainey
- In Sync ~ Changing Of The Guard ~ Ozzie and Harriet http://youtu.be/lZbfnguVG3w
- Ozzie’s Annoyed by the Neighbors http://youtu.be/7YBcB8DPmMI
Video by urdognu
- Large Bird Get’s Too Close & Eggsitting Change AM http://youtu.be/INs3lFRbHJc
- It Takes Teamwork To Protect Those Precious Eggs Early PM http://youtu.be/renpJo96f2QWhat To Do While Incubating… Watch Mini Birds Play…CUTE http://youtu.be/JGjqhN6uHQA
- What To Do While Incubating… Watch Mini Birds Play…CUTE http://youtu.be/JGjqhN6uHQA
Summary by dadsjazz