Guarding, Incubating and Waiting
SWFEC DAILY SUMMARY Friday, December 6, 2013
Ozzie and Harriet began their vocal conversations before sunrise. Ozzie arrived at 5:56 am to take over incubating as Harriet flew off the nest. The foggy morning gave way to a very warm day at the nest. There were a few exchanges throughout the day as Ozzie and Harriet each had their turn caring for their precious eggs. The usually calm Ozzie seemed agitated today with the starlings and other birds flying to close for his liking. He took sweeping flights around the nest tree from time to time as he was guarding his territory. Harriet was alerted by a hawk flying overhead and voiced her warning.
The days to hatching of Ozzie and Harriet’s baby eggs are counting down and their protective instincts seem to be getting more intense. The transition from Ozzie and Harriet the love birds to Ozzie and Harriet the protective parents has been an amazing transformation to watch. Anticipation of the next wonderful events is evident.
Summary by dadsjazz
Videos by dragonlainey
- Harriet Watches Hawk Fly Overhead ~ Shadow Crosses Nest http://youtu.be/21Pc6TIUInM
- Ozzie is bothered by something, or does he want Harriet to return http://youtu.be/cTe_Hy2-i8s
Videos by urdognu
- Ozzie Tells Harriet To Come Home Now-Mid Morning http://youtu.be/H8iKgql1k1k
- Pan & Tilt Heads, Vocal, Pond Tree Perched Fly In To Cam 2 & Exchange http://youtu.be/VZ8D-ST3DRw
Ground video by wskrsnwings
- The Pasture Tucks In For The Night http://youtu.be/Rg-s8YNKB5w