The very first days in the life of the sweet eaglets E3 and E4 have been filled with a lot of activity. Mom and Dad have been very diligent in the care of their precious babies. Mom fed fish to the babies in the early morning. Dad had his very first opportunity to feed them in the afternoon. Mom and Dad both were tender and gentle in their approach with several more feedings throughout the day. The little ones hatch into the world with survival skills and instincts. The little “bobble heads” were observed competing for food from Mom and Dad.
In the afternoon on Dad’s watch, a sub adult eagle flew in to perch in the nest tree. Dad went into immediate protect mode and covered (mantled) the babies under his wings while vocalizing his warning to the intruder. Survival and protection instincts prevail again. Mom returned to tuck the sweet babies in for the night.
Summary by dadsjazz
Video by urdognu
- Juvie In Attic, Ozzie In Full Mantle Mode 9.37am http://youtu.be/7Cb0CJRabcs
- Mating, Eating & Bonking http://youtu.be/yOCbg4Vnkp4
- Should I Or Should I Not ~ Ozzie’s Quandry 1.25pm http://youtu.be/WVPAGBIRQWc
- Instinct To Feed Takes Over For Ozzie ~ First Time Feeding 2.17pm & 2.42pm http://youtu.be/LJ3HUbp421s
- Fascinating ~ Long Version E4 Hatching With E3’s Help (19 minutes) http://youtu.be/QWM-Ybvmrz4
Video by dragonlainey