Mom had her sweet babies E3 and E4 snuggled in safely for the overnight hours. In the early morning Dad arrived to take over brooding and feeding their growing babies. Mom arrived a while later with a fresh fish to help sustain the hungry babies who wrestle one another for their turn at feeding. Although the eaglet’s struggle looks hurtful it is a necessary stage in their early development.
The day evolved into some dramatic and tense moments as a juvenile eagle and later a nearly adult eagle encroached on Ozzie and Harriet’s territory. Ozzie’s protective instincts were in full gear as he took flight to ward of the intruders, and at one point engaged in an aerial battle. Harriet vocalized her warnings as she kept the sweet babies under her watchful care. All were on high alert for most of the day. E1 and E2 are learning important lessons in their early days. Mom and Dad are ever ready to defend their family and territory. All seemed to settle down as the day ended with Mom protecting the sweet babies and Dad nearby protecting them all.
Summary by dadsjazz
Video by dragonlainey
- Fish Head For Breakfast http://youtu.be/Rp-GPNBg2iw
- E4 Gets Share of Afternoon Feeding http://youtu.be/dGUoNF3a4pQ
- Ozzie Defends His Family – Intruder Approaches Nest http://youtu.be/4MLVvSptWmY
- Mind Your Manners http://youtu.be/CSCzpm4YLoA
Video by urdognu
- Late Night Cuteness http://youtu.be/u40-Zm9BLl4
- Ozzie Loves To Feed His Babies 9.48am http://youtu.be/t3gJpNff2z8
- Ozzie Defends, Sub-Adult Pulls Out The Landing Gear, But Aborts Landing http://youtu.be/pXPDFF0URYc
- It Takes Teamwork To Keep Intruders Away ~ Part 1 http://youtu.be/3AZqSuwRDCo
- E4 Get’s Private Feeding & More Teamwork To Defend Family ~ Part 2 http://youtu.be/096_Trin9YE
Ground Video by wskrsnwings