SWFEC Daily Summary Monday, January 13, 2014
The warmer weather and the E’s coat of thermal down gives Mom and Dad a break from brooding E3 and E4. The E’s are better able to regulate their body temperatures now. They snuggle together in the overnight and early morning hours while Mom or Dad keep watch nest side or above the nest on the “attic” branch. Both wonderful Parents offer food and shade to their rapidly growing E’s. Most of the day E3 and E4 were free to sleep and roam around the nest with Mom or Dad close by.
E3 and E4 are close nest mates at times other than mealtime which brings out their survival instincts. The rivalry is not always easy to watch but is a necessary lesson nature teaches the E’s. Ozzie delivered lunch and he and Harriet were at the nest for feeding. As the day came to an end, the whole Family was at the nest again for dinner.
Summary by dadsjazz
Video by Dee Kelly
- See We can be nice http://youtu.be/EoVLbG9tTsU
- All for E4 http://youtu.be/dLByL2wNxj4
- Off & On http://youtu.be/rzSe3bwQc00
- playing in the nest bowl http://youtu.be/Mt_BN-ntr_Y
Video by urdognu
- Just Too Stuffed – O Delivers http://youtu.be/6Isdt_HXZ2o
- Wings & Things http://youtu.be/U5OPCcPMZPs
- Sittin On Their Hocks’ & A Bit Of Everything http://youtu.be/Zn3B9e4954s
- Pecking Order ~ E3-21 Days Old, E4-19 Days Old http://youtu.be/04PVG4EZTcU
- Evening Family Time At The Nest http://youtu.be/bvgUVJl_CXE