Cooler mornings don’t seem to be bothering E3 and E4 since they have their thermal down to keep their rapidly growing and changing bodies warm. The majority of the changes are seen more in E3 with size being the most obvious. E3 hatched 2 days before E4 and as often happens got a better start with feeding and is more aggressive at meal times. Some view this aggression as bad or mean behavior, however this very strong survival instinct will help as E3 grows into a powerful Eagle. Growth of beak and feet are other changes and are nearly the size of an adult. Their appearance seems awkward but E3 and E4 will grow into their feet.
The day at the nest had successful feedings for both E’s. E4 is becoming crafty and cleaver as it learns how to get in a good position and get a good grab at the food. These behaviors and lessons are valuable for E4’s growth and survival in the wild. These two very different eaglets will grow into two very distinct, powerful and majestic Eagles.
Summary by dadsjazz
E3 eats while E4 waits. (urdognu)
E4 gets around Mom for it’s share of the meal. (dadsjazz)
E3-“Look my feet are as big as yours Dad” (urdognu)
Video by urdognu
- Highlight Video: Fish, Wings, PS & Horsehair http://youtu.be/exuNfRNPK_w
- Ooops, E4 P Shot On E3 And More Afternoon Highlights http://youtu.be/Zc1Ty-Yy8xY
Video by Dee Kelly
- E4 cleans up what was dropped http://youtu.be/4xZaKQfU0XM
- Ozzie turn to feed the E’s http://youtu.be/9iJ-ZXL_EaU
- 4:00pm Feeding.. both get some from Harriet http://youtu.be/DFeJFWlxt3Q
- Ozzie Turn part #2 http://youtu.be/liVYU4wQwak
- 6:30 pm A little bonding time ..H & E 4 http://youtu.be/cs0WD1-w8Ao