E4 spent the very breezy day doing lots of “wingersizing”. It was almost like flying as E4’s had wings outstretched for long periods of time getting a little lift off in the gusts of wind. Beautiful wing and tail feather development continues at a fast pace. Ozzie arrived with his large catch of the morning. E4 tracked Ozzie’s flight into the nest, rushed in with a great mantle, grabbed the fish and took off across the nest. It was a good that Dad got the fish back from E4 since it was still flopping. E4 was fed several times by Mom and Dad through the day.
Lovely Harriet was captured by camera 2 drying off in the breeze after a bath at the pond. E4 spent the time between “wingersizing”, playing with sticks and perfecting self feeding. E4 seems to be getting a good grasp on these skills, so to speak. Mom and Dad were both on the nest for early dinner eating and feeding E4. Mom and Dad spent time in the early evening at the pond. Dad stepped into the nest after dark to check on resting E4 who had a very busy day.
Summary by dadsjazz
Lovely Harriet drying off in the breeze. (urdognu)
E4 works on self feeding. (from video by urdognu)
E4 Mantles and Grabs Dad’s fish delivery. (from video by urdognu)
Video by Dee Kelly
- This stuff is tough as nails http://youtu.be/uumZwuUjVYc
- Wind & Wings http://youtu.be/6dW_06K9VPk
- Evening at the pond then fly to cam 2 tree http://youtu.be/ayP99tux9yw
Video by urdognu
- Magnificent Harriet, Up Close & Personal http://youtu.be/CfS8pXy9zOo
- Self Feeding, Fish Delivery & More Wings, Late Morning http://youtu.be/JuW1A4OunKk
- ‘Grab It’ Training, Feeding by Both Parents http://youtu.be/UyqpTzQg2uk