The day started out with overcast skies. E4 was working on wing strength and endurance, getting ready for branching and eventually a first flight from the nest tree. There are new “firsts” each new day. E4 is doing very well in grabbing and mantling food deliveries. E4 assumes full mantle mode each time Mom or Dad drops into the nest even if for a visit or to deliver nest material.
The light rain of late afternoon turned into a rolling thunderstorm with strong rains and winds. Mom and Dad were nearby to offer comfort to E4 who was laying low in the nest and holding on. Harriet came to check on E4 who was chattering and peeping away. Ozzie, Harriet and E4 were pretty soaked from the rains but all made it through very well. There were several fish brought by Dad and Mom. One such fish was well guarded by E4 who would not let Mom take it away. Excellent skills are being honed by E4 in the journey to fly free.
Summary by dadsjazz
Video by Dee Kelly
- I’ll mantle any thing ! http://youtu.be/m2CE3pEbjjU
- “Caution ” Eaglet at Play http://youtu.be/vZpf7xpU0dU
- MINE !!! OK Mom you can feed me http://youtu.be/di30bQ0X1Qs
Video by urdognu
- Keep Away From Mom – New Confident Behavior, 9-11am http://youtu.be/x8heiz1UnLM
- Action Before The Storm http://youtu.be/W6q5ASU3VR0
- The Storm Stimulates E4 & More Highlights http://youtu.be/6aqKlzcKa8M
- E4’s Head Dance After The Storm_3-6-14 http://youtu.be/kqtGTuhJK-4
- Priceless Expressions – side by side cam views (2 min.)_3-6-14 http://youtu.be/XvwFwk7sdc0