The cooler morning started as the beautiful sunrise lit up the nest tree with a golden glow. Ground observers reported there was a sub adult in the area that flew off toward the river. E4’s wing action grows stronger allowing for greater heights to be achieved. E4 was airborne several times today.
Harriet brought sticks to the nest and Ozzie provided several fish. Later in the afternoon the family was together for late lunch. Mom and Dad were each eating one of the fish on the nest as E4 watched and seemed to be saying “Where is my fish?” Mom and Dad both fed E4 who still enjoys being catered to as much as Mom and Dad seem to love doing the catering. Ozzie sounded the alert as the Family shared their meal maybe signaling an intruder. E4 was worn out from the day of high nest flying and was well stuffed with all the food deliveries. After a good night’s sleep and E4 will be ready for another day of learning and practicing. The day ended with a beautiful sunset and another magical golden glow.
Summary by dadsjazz
Video by urdognu
- Higher & Higher – Will Today Be Branching Day? 1 min clip http://youtu.be/Qj2HDcfj6sU
- ‘The Nest Shuffle Hop’, Early AM http://youtu.be/I4yQiRuejVI
- Getting Closer, Higher & More Confident For Branching, Late AM http://youtu.be/s5911cGd6z0
- Majestic Mantle ~ First Food Delivery Today, 12.546pm http://youtu.be/8j0R6LH3wFE
- Invading Dad & Grappling The Fish ~ Delivery 2 & 3, 1.58 & 2.27pm http://youtu.be/hzONkA_k0g4
- The Long Family Affair ~ Delivery #4, 3:00,pm http://youtu.be/bq4B7QCKkiU
- Ooops…The Fish That Got Away Before Landing_Both Cam Views_3-8-14