SWFEC Daily Summary Saturday, March 22, 2014
A Day of “Firsts”
E4’s breakfast was the large fish left over from last night’s late delivery. Ozzie and Harriet were again perched in the cam 2 tree watching the nest and E4 who looks so grown up. E4 had great accomplishments today. A lot of wing warming was up followed by fly hopping to the veranda where E4 perched for a long time. After enjoying the view from higher up, E4 practiced “mini flights” to the spike branch and back to the veranda several times. E4’s best feat today was taking the leap to the porch branch which is completely off the nest. The first attempt was almost a miss but E4 gained control and landed on the branch. These first practice “flights” were a major step in E4’s journey to fledging.
Ozzie and Harriet spent time away from the nest and were seen perched together having a conversation in one of the pond trees. Later, a juvenile eagle was soaring in the pasture and over the nest. E4 was tracking its flight while perched on the veranda. Ozzie made a grass delivery that E4 thought was food and dashed in for the mantle and grab but only came up with Dad’s talon. E4 was settled in for a good night’s sleep after the exciting day of adventure.
Summary by dadsjazz
Video by urdognu
- A First~E4 Perches On ‘The Branch,’…O & H Beaking http://youtu.be/7Cy-0T0Tjy0
- E4 To The Porch ~ A First & Almost Misses_3-22-14 http://youtu.be/FeK9qzA9aDo
- Panning Nest Area From Office & Snowy Egret Hunting http://youtu.be/dvW0Xx1PS8w
Video by wskrsnwings
- Juvie Fly Over And E4 In Charge Of The Nest 3-22-14 http://youtu.be/sCUrBsV9fBs
Video by Mia
- 4.25 PM E4 mistakes of a food delivery http://youtu.be/3ru7TaRlhKQ