The day was once again cloudy and windy but it didn’t stop E4’s performance of wing flapping and branch hopping. E4’s sprite like behaviors are comical at times. E4 was fly hopping around the nest carrying sticks and things. Mom and Dad were perched together in the upper tree branches watching E4’s progress.
Ozzie delivered a squirrel for lunch and quickly flew away. Harriet was perched on the attic branch above the nest. E4 studied the prey and then chattered to Mom to come help. E4 did begin de-furring and self feeding when Ozzie came back to the nest. E4 executed a full mantle and would not let Dad steal the food. Mom did help E4 with the tough to eat meal, as they pulled it apart together. A thunder storm passed through the area and E4 bravely survived. More great lessons for growing E4’s eagle education.
Summary by dadsjazz
Ozzie dropping in with a squirrel. (Mia)
Mom and E4 sharing lunch. (byline)
Ozzie and Harriet perched in the nest tree. (urdognu)
Video by Mia
- 10.06 AM Squirrel delivery. http://youtu.be/eFvN33eckk4
- 1.36 PM Ozzie with delivery, Harriet arrives to feed http://youtu.be/tSHiGpwNQQg
Video by urdognu
- Gorgeous Squirrel Delivery, Delightful Feeding To Watch http://youtu.be/Z-fif_idz24
- E4 Defends HIS Prey From O, More Highlights http://youtu.be/AAp_PLK7kjw
Video by wskrsnwings
- Saturday Lesson: Watch Over & Protect Your Prey http://youtu.be/ZhvbOOhR_Gg