E4 got a later start today and possibly needed more rest and recovery after the big day of first flight. It seems the little birds that were friends of E4, the eaglet, are not as fond of E4, the fledgling. The little birds dove at and annoyed E4 perched in the nest tree. E4 looked confident in another flight to the tree that may become a favorite. E4 was well shaded and relaxed among the pine branches.
Ozzie landed in the nest with a prey item. E4 departed from the favorite tree to the pasture tree, then to the cam 2 tree and eventually to the nest. E4’s landings are getting better and better. Ozzie was driven off the nest by E4’s mantle. Ozzie’s next delivery was a feathery meal which E4 skillfully de- feathered and ate. In the late afternoon E4 took another sweeping flight around the pasture and back to the nest. Mom arrived a short time later. E4 aggressively took leftovers away from Mom as she picked through the nest. E4 is getting good grades for all the valuable lessons learned to date. E4 was sleeping soundly after all the energetic activity of the day.
Summary by dadsjazz
Video by urdognu
- E4 Departs Nest Tree Day After Fledge 11.30am http://youtu.be/khevxTfhtto
- E4 Departs From Pond Tree to Cam Tree 2pm http://youtu.be/wO3SoBPVHwQ
Video by wskrsnwings
- Yikes!! Living With Blue Jays And Shrikes http://youtu.be/ch_D0TEKIzs
- Precious Is The Love Between Mom And Fledgling http://youtu.be/UI8maFzZj78
- E4 Flies From The Nest And Returns 2 5 Hours Later http://youtu.be/_kmq3tWWK1s
Video by Mia
- 2.03 PM Ozzie with snack, E4 returns to the nest http://youtu.be/tRYk8wOiTUE