Joy into the world as Harriet and Ozzie’s family increased this week. After the dedicated and tireless incubation of their eggs over the last month or so, E5 arrived on Friday, 12/26/2014 at 12:59 PM and E6 on Saturday, 12/27/2014 at 11:28 AM. Harriet and Ozzie are very skilled Eagle parents whose duties will increase as they hunt for and feed their very hungry and rapidly growing young.
Ozzie was quick in his delivery of fish to stock up the nest for the new mouths to feed. Ozzie offered the first few bites to E5. E6 was resting from the energy spent hatching out of the egg. As food is offered they will struggle to control their heads hence the name “bobbleheads”. Their competition for food is inherent as they vie for bites of fish. They are evenly matched in size because of the closeness of their hatching which will make for interesting dynamics in the nest.
Harriet also brought a fish to the nest further confirming that she has recovered very well from her balance issues last week. She has complete trust in Ozzie’s parental duties as he tenderly cares for E5 and E6.
The journey of hatching to fledging of these two precious babies is a new adventure for Harriet, Ozzie and all who love this Eagle family and have the privilege to watch it unfold.
Summary by dadsjazz
E5 and newly hatched E6. (wskrsnwings)
Early morning feeding by Ozzie. (FlaNative9)
Video by Urdognu
- Large Crack In Egg, 12.10pm http://bit.ly/1t684LO
- HATCH: Welcome E5~Ozzie Makes The Hatch Complete, 12.59PM http://bit.ly/1CY4UQr
- Harriet Finally Meets Baby, Beakisses, Chattering, Defending http://bit.ly/16UhrKi
- First Fish Delivery, First Feeding Attempt AM http://bit.ly/1xoQWoJ
- Welcome E6, Second Fish Delivery, 11.28am http://bit.ly/1H4ZcP3